May 6, 2014
We have been taught how to have a healthy set of bones (teeth) in our mouths but NEVER taught how maintain a healthy spine chiropractic for a healthier body. Did you know that a body can function without teeth, but it CANNOT be alive without the spine and the nervous system it protects? Maybe you are looking to find a solution to your health problems whether it be back or neck pain or even menstrual issues. May I suggest you take heed to what Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine said: “Look well to the spine for the cause of disease.”
Your brain is made up of nerve cells that organize into a thick cord of billions of nerve fibers to create your spinal cord. Your spinal cord extends down your back, protected by your spinal column, from where it branches into numerous nerves that travel to the billions of destinations in your body. This is a vast communications system over which a constant stream of billions of messages flow to keep your body working properly.
These really cool magical messages fill your brain and nerves, sending energy and information to your muscles, bones, heart, liver, stomach, eyes, ears and blood vessels. If this connection stopped you’d quickly die. If the messages were partially blocked or altered your body would malfunction and the result would be suffering, sickness, disease and a gradual disorganization and decline until death.
You can go for many weeks without food, for a week or so without water, for a few minutes without air, but not even a second without the life energy and information streaming across your nerves.
To be fully alive and functioning healthily, your nervous system needs to be need to be fully connected. Our specialty is to locate and correct subluxations or nervous systems error, the small internal distortions that create “disconnections” in your body that interfere with your nervous system communications. Chiropractic care is based on the scientific fact that the nervous system controls and coordinates the function of every cell, tissue, and organ in the body. We know if your nervous system is working at 100%, then your body can rely on its own intelligence to help heal itself. It’s that simple! Your health DEPENDS on a proper functioning nervous system. Contact us for an appointment for a Spinal Nerve System Checkup today!
1. Palmer DD. The Science, Art and Philosophy of Chiropractic. Portland, OR: Portland Printing House Company, 1910.
2. Ward LE. The Dynamics of Spinal Stress (3rd Revised Ed.). Long Beach, CA: SSS Press, 1980.
3. Breig A. Adverse Mechanical Tension in the Central Nervous System. Stockholm, Sweden: Almqvist & Wiksell International, 1978.
4. Netter FH. The Ciba Collection of Medical Illustrations: Vol. 1, Part 1: Nervous System: Anatomy and Physiology. West Caldwell, NJ: CIBA, 1986.
5. Hamilton WJ. Textbook of Human Anatomy (2nd Ed.). St. Louis, MO: C.V. Mosby Company, 1976.
6. Gray H. Gray’s Anatomy: Classical Collector’s Edition. NY: Gramercy Books, 1977.
7. Netter FH. Netter’s Atlas of the Human Body. Hauppauge, NY: Barron’s Educational Series,2006.
The WSH Council will help employers manage and prevent such issues by raising awareness.
Besides the reclassification, the council will launch workplace and online resources to raise awareness on good ergonomic practices.
Companies can apply for the relevant funding under the WorkPro programme administered by the Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) and the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC).